- Blistering (Bubbles) - moisture gets trapped within the roof build up either from poor workmanship or condensation formation.
- Cracking and splitting - the moisture trapped inside a blister expands and contracts from the variation in the outside temperature.
- UV intollerant - without necessary UV protection (Silver paint or chippings) and over time the roof may become brittle, putting stress on the weaker areas of the roof namely the edges and upstands.
- Water ponding and moss build up - due to insufficient falls or poor drainage system.
- Lack of Insurance cover - many insurance companies will not cover contents under a felt roof that is more than 7 years old.
Many of the above mentioned problems may happen over a long period of time before being noticed internally, but with the ingress of water it may do fatal damage to decking and associated beams or joists.
Single Ply Roofing Membranes
CP Roofing specializes in the installation of PVC and EPDM single ply systems which are advanced technology in flat roofing. These systems have established an outstanding track record in all climates over the last 50 years. As a result, leading architects specify this roofing technology in many domestic applications (extensions, garages, balconies and dormas etc) and commercial and industrial applications (Apartment blocks, schools, factories etc).
Only licensed companys with fitters trained at recognised NVQ stations are endorsed to install these systems (membranes). Therefore as an approved contractor for the highly acclaimed ALWITRA, SIKA-TROCAL & FLAG membranes we are confident in giving our customers the most world class and long lasting roofing system.
Installation teams are regularly monitored to ensure high quality of workmanship. In addition, all works carried out are inspected by a quality control officer from the manufacturer on completion.
We give our customers a complete and reliable roofing package which gives them peace of mind and total satisfaction with a maufacturer supported warranty of up to 20 years.
A technically qualified person will survey the roof and give free and professional advice. Also the quotations given are firm and valid to the dates specified.
- Has all necessary Public and Employer Liability Insurance.
- Is fully trained in Health and Safety.
- Only employ trained installation technicians.
- Offers suitable insurance or manufacturer warranties.