Liquid Applied Systems (PMMA)
Different systems explained
PMMA - Poly (methyl methacrylate) - is a fast curing seamless acrylic resin with crack-bridging and joint-bridging characteristics that is able to withstand mechanical stresses, making it one of the best waterproofing systems the market has to offer.
PU – Poly (urethane) - single component moisture and air cured polyurethane liquid membrane that is easy to apply over existing roofing systems to create a durable and seamless waterproof layer. Its formulation allows a, fast curing, bubble free, single coat application, seamless, roofing system to be created.
Roof surfaces are subject to continual attack from the weather and from environmental pollution. During the lifespan of a roof the surface is subjected to continual movement and degradation, which if left unchecked, will lead to premature roof failure.
PMMA and PU manufacturers produce a range of seamless liquid applied waterproofing systems which have been proven in virtually every possible roofing situation. They provide excellent durability and are used throughout the world for full roof coverage on all types of roof, designed for use on both new build and refurbishment projects. Due to the ease of application, particularly around difficult details like penetrations, it certainly makes it the system of choice for complex waterproofing projects. For more information, please speak to one of our trained technicians to give you free advice on what system will best suits your roof.
Advantages and Performance Data
- 1Highly flexible and crack-bridging even at extreme sub-zero temperatures
- 2Certain systems can also be used without fleece reinforcement
- 4Permanently weather-resistant (UV-, hydrolysis- and alkali-resistant)
- 5Fully bonded to the substrate, therefore no flow paths for water
- 6Easy and fast application
- 7The most complex roof penetrations can be securely incorporated in the seamless waterproofing system
- 9Can be applied to almost all substrates, including variable substrates (when combined with Primers)
- 11Up to 25 year Guarantee
For more information, please contact us and speak to one of our trained technicians to give you free advice on what system will best suit your roof.